An economic recipe proposed by chef Jean-Luc Charles. And if you are not lucky enough to have a cherry tree, you will find cherries at around € 3 per kg for direct sale on the farm (everywhere in France). More tasty, your preserves will be cheaper than all cherries in syrup, around 20 € per kg of drained fruit.
Ingredients for 2 jars:
- 1.5 kg of cherries not too ripe (depending on the variety, we find them from June to August)
- 250 g caster sugar
- 1 lemon.
- Wash the cherries and drain them. Rape them, but do not stone them (the taste will be better).
- Squeeze the lemon.
- Pour the cherries into a bowl. Sprinkle with sugar and pour in the lemon juice.
- Mix gently, then cover and reserve for 3 hours in a cool place.
- Pour into the jars and close. Sterilize for 25 minutes and allow to cool in the sterilization water.
- Keep a maximum of 1 year.