During the first few weeks, you could find it easier to have your little one sleep with you. But today, you would like him to sleep in his own bed ... The advice of our specialist, Emmanuelle Rigon, psychologist.
You tried to make him sleep in his bed ... but he always ends up spending part of the night in yours.
Who disturbs it?
- Your child. In many societies, children sleep with their parents. But some think that a child has nothing to do in the marriage bed and that by wanting to protect him, you risk insecure him.
- You. You would like a little privacy with your spouse.
CASE BY CASE SOLUTION
He adapted to your rhythm
- For various reasons (you are breastfeeding, you find it more convenient or it just reassures you ...) you have chosen to sleep with your baby. But you did not want it to become a habit.
What has to be done :
- Before 6 or 8 months, a cradle in the parents' room can be adapted to the needs of the family. Then your baby can choose to live in his own room or in a separate area. The important thing is that you are comfortable with the solution you have chosen.
- But if the presence of your baby regularly pushes one of his parents out of bed, it can lead later, when your child has grown up a feeling of all power mixed with ambivalent worry: "Where is daddy? to chase him? "...
What to tell him:
- "It's your father's bed and your mother's bed, you're going to sleep next to it, in your little bed of yours, you have no reason to be afraid." Rest assured, he's small, but he already understands very well.