Making homemade dough is very easy and does not cost much! As a bonus, your non-toxic modeling clay will be safe for children because it contains only elements that you have in your kitchen. Oh yes ... we forgot, this recipe is also eco-friendly! What more ?
This home-made modeling dough will easily replace the commercial modeling dough. Convenient and easy, you can make it in no time and at any time (you should have most of the ingredients already in your closets).
Of course this recipe can be made with children (just be careful with cooking dough, stage reserved for adults), who can then have fun coloring them before playing with them.
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Break : 15 minutes
- 400 g flour
- 100 g of corn starch (type Maïzena)
- 100 g cup of salt
- 1 sachet of baking powder (can be replaced by baking soda)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 500 ml of water
- Food coloring
- 1 saucepan
- 1 wooden spoon
- In a saucepan, mix all the ingredients (except the dyes) and heat over low heat, stirring, until the mixture thickens and peels off the edges of the pan. If there are lumps, they will disappear when the dough thickens.
- Then let cool.
- Share the dough into several pieces. Then add dye to each ball and mix well with mixing. Do not hesitate to put dye to get bright colors. The kneading step is important, you will see your dough turn into a smooth modeling clay.
- The modeling clay can be kept for several months in an airtight box. If it dries a little add water or a little oil and knead to soften it.